Thursday, June 13, 2013

the girl in the mirror


    The hallway was dark and cold. I could see a faint light in the distance. I started walking toward it. The light was coming from behind the only door in sight, so I opened it. the light poured out. It was warm and beautiful. I looked around the room. everything was so pretty. The thick carpet was soft on my bare feet. The sound of the jewelry box on the dresser was soothing, and the light hit the tiny mirror so perfect that it made hundreds of beautiful patterns on the walls that seemed to dance and twirl in the most majestic way. The sheer curtains flowed gracefully in the breeze of the open windows, and the light radiated in every direction and bounced brilliantly through out the room. I felt safe and warm and happy. And then I noticed a girl sitting on the bed. She was turned away from me. I wanted to see who she was. I felt drawn to her. Then I noticed she was looking at me through the tall mirror that was standing by her side. she was beautiful and familiar. where did I know her from? She smiled at me . I smiled back. I know her, but who is she? I needed a better look, so I walked around the bed . She stood up and smiled again. The whole room got a little brighter, and I realized who she was. she was me!...the old me. I wanted to cry because I missed her so much. Then she held out her hand and grabbed mine . she hugged me and I felt whole again. She told me that everything was going to be ok and that she loved me very very much. I sat there with my head on her shoulder hugging her for a while, and when I let go, she was gone.  

I woke up. 

No comments:

Post a Comment